Virtual Camp FAQs
Are programs focused on one topic?
No. Unlike our on campus programs Virtual Camp covers all aspects of STEAM through a series of workshop challenges.
Do all grades do the same challenges?
Yes, and no. While the workshops will be the same, the level of difficulty and end goal is scaled to the grade level.
Are challenges the same each week or are there new ones?
No two weeks are the same! New challenges, concepts, and tools are introduced each week keeping students engaged and learning.
What is the daily schedule?
Programs take place Monday - Friday. Students meet as a group with their educator four times a day concepts are discussed, tools and materials are reviewed, and challenges are presented.
I live in New York, can I do Virtual Camp?
Yes! We ship boxes throughout the US, so students in the 48 contiguous states are welcome to register!
How much parent support is involved?
Our goal is for workshops to be not require parent support. Our educators are there to set up the challenges, explain the goals, and help with questions. That said, younger students may need support on some activities.
Can my children share a box?
Workshop supplies are for an individual student, as are the educator meetings.
How do I transfer from a campus program to virtual?
Requests to transfer to Campus Programs (Charlottesville, VA only) must be made 14 days prior to the program.To do so:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that you want to transfer. We will issue a coupon credit for any monies paid that you can apply to Virtual Camp.
- Go to the Virtual Registration Page available here: https://www.steamda.com/virtual-camp-registration
- Select your preferred week.
- Select the appropriate grade level
- Use your coupon code and complete your purchase!
Do you have half day programs?
We do! Once you select your week, you have the options to select half day camp. In this case, students will attend only the 9:00A and 11:30A meetings and will receive the workshops for only the two morning activities.
Can I register for just one week and then add more?
Absolutely! You are welcome to try STEAM before committing to additional weeks. You simply need to register 14 days ahead of the session you would like to take.
How much does it cost?
Virtual Full Day Camp Tuition – includes 4 educator-led meetings a day
- First Week: $350/student (includes the STEAM toolbox valued at $70)
- Additional Weeks: $300/student
Virtual Half Day Camp Tuition – includes 2 educator-led meetings a day
- First Week: $199/student (includes the STEAM toolbox valued at $70)
- Additional Weeks: $165/student
What are some of the activities?
Sample workshops include:
- Offbits Zipline Challenge
- Plus-Plus + Circuitry
- Suspension Bridge Design
- Design a Habitat
Is Virtual Camp Right for you?
Internet access for daily meetings
Access to a device (iPad, computer, etc) that they can use during the day
Ability to join scheduled meetings
Webcam for meetings
Ability to take and submit pictures